Daughters of the American Revolution
Organized January 26, 1935
Charlevoix Chapter composed of nineteen members had its first
official meeting on January 26, 1935, at the Hotel Noble in
Blytheville. "Charlevoix" was selected as the chapter name in
honor of the French historian who came down the Mississippi River
in the spring of 1722. When he reached the site of Barfield, in
what is now Mississippi County, he stopped for an extended visit
with the Chickasaw Indians. Originally the charter members had
submitted the name "Chickasaw", historically the local Indian tribe
of this region, to the National office, but it too closely
resembled "Chickasha", a chapter in Oklahoma.
||Vice Regent||Amy Gullic
|Chaplain|| Eva Lee Graves
||Historian|| Carolyn Moseley
Henry T. Blythe, a Methodist circuit rider, founded
the first post office in "Blythesville" in 1879. The city of Blytheville was incorporated in May 1889.
Today, Blytheville offers close proximity to large metropolitan areas such as Memphis and excellent transportation systems such as Interstate 55, the Mississippi River, as well as rail and air service
For information about the Charlevoix Chapter
ASDAR and NSDAR buttons created by Dayna Trembley Hilton
This site last updated May 22, 2018.
For information on this webpage, contact
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of
the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.