Enjoy, Preserve, Educate – Arkansas
Purpose: Enjoying, preserving, and educating about our Arkansas history and natural resources.
Did you know we have 52 Arkansas State Parks, 7 National parks, and 17 National Historic Landmarks?
Get out and enjoy these parks and sites that make Arkansas the Natural state, while preserving the public areas through cleaning up trash, reporting problems in the park to the correct people, and volunteering to help whoever you can to preserve our natural beauty. Spread the joy of the outdoors with friends and family. Enjoy the beauty of our parks by preserving them and educating people around you on how to keep Arkansas beautiful.
- Pick one of our 52 Arkansas State parks and sponsor a cleanup
- Hike one of our 7 National Parks, reporting to the NPS where maintenance is needed. Remember, leave no trace.
- Go camping and show the correct procedure for cleaning up after yourself.
- Reach out to NPO (National Park Service) to ask about volunteer opportunities.
- Always leave anywhere you go better than you found it.
- Visit one of our 17 National Historic Landmarks; learn all about it with your group.
- Speak withn a Park Ranger and learn about parks near you and their needs.
- Last but not least, we have many Revolutionary patriots buried right here in Arkansas. Go find one, help clean the marker and site, take your picture with them and send it to me. Let’s see how many we can visit.
Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.Proverbs 4:23 NIV